Manila is a magical city on the Pacific coast. The capital of the Philippines combines seemingly incompatible things.
It is one of the most populous cities in the world. The population density is 43,079 people / square km. Luxurious shopping centers, comfortable hotels, and business centers seem to occupy the entire territory of the city. But just take a couple of steps and turn the corner – and now you are in an ancient temple or in a mysterious castle. Manila is known throughout the world for its unusual nature. Gardens and parks, luxurious beaches, magical sunsets over the Pacific Ocean will not leave anyone indifferent.
Noisy and quiet, modern and ancient, simple and mysterious – Manila remains in your heart forever. People from all over the world come here to relax and connect with nature, admire the beauties of Asia or feel the rhythm of life in a big city… But there is something else that makes the capital of the Philippines so attractive. This is where the perfect wedding photos come from.
Manila: your perfect destination for a wedding photo shoot
Manila has everything to organize a wedding ceremony. This city combines modernity and history. Residents and the city administration have done their best to preserve reminders of each historical period of the capital of the Philippines.
The city existed for a very long time, the first mention of it comes from 3000 BC. Then the city was called that – Manila – and it meant “the place where indigo is found.” Ancient temples and ritual venues remind us of that period of history.
In the 15th century, Manila became a Muslim city. Here the Sultan Bolkiah built a huge trading port, ships from China and Indonesia entered the harbor. The cultural influence of the Muslim and Buddhist East was then fixed in the port parts of the city and has survived to this day.
In the 16th century, the Spaniards occupied the territory, and Manila became part of New Spain. The Spaniards built the fortified region of Intramuros here, built houses and roads. Gradually, the city became the spiritual, economic, political center of the region and the main stronghold of the Spaniards in Asia. Many palaces, monasteries, and temples appeared here. In the 17th century, a theological seminary was opened, and in the 18th century, the first university in Asia. You can still feel the spirit of Europe walking along the central streets of the city.
In the 20th century, Manila came under the control of the Americans. Skyscrapers, business centers, shopping centers have grown here, many industrial facilities have appeared. In the central part of the city and on the coast, the spirit of freedom and activity is felt like nowhere else in Asia.
So Manila combines the cultural codes of the whole world. Here you are in the real authentic Asia, and in two minutes you are walking along the streets of Europe. Feel the charm of antiquity and enjoy the comfort of the modern world, connect with nature and appreciate the magnificent five-star hotels. Manila has everything to hold a wedding in comfort and remember it for a long time.
Choosing a location and a wedding photographer in Manila
In Manila, there are many locations for wedding photography. Therefore, decide in advance in what style you are planning a wedding. Here are some locations that will help you get a feel for the atmosphere of Manila.
- Pagsankhan waterfall. The perfect place for a “natural” wedding. This waterfall is located south of the capital of the Philippines and it is one of the most interesting sights. Water breaks down from a height of 90 meters and enters a natural pool in which you can swim. The waterfall is surrounded by lush tropical vegetation. The walls of the rock, from which streams of water fall, are covered with climbing plants and orchids.
- Casa Manila. This is an ancient Latin quarter in the heart of Manila. Colonial-style houses and streets are reminiscent of the times when wealthy Spaniards came here to enjoy their holidays. If you are planning an exotic wedding, Casa Manila is the place for you.
- Taal Volcano. Love extreme? Then Taal Volcano is what you are looking for. Taal is an active volcano in the Philippines and a popular tourist destination in the country. The volcano is a large caldera filled with Taal Lake. Taal is one of the smallest active volcanoes on Earth. Just imagine what kind of wedding photos you get here!
- Subic Bay. Subic Bay is a bay near Manila. There are not so many tourists here (after all, the beach is not within the city), and we can say that the whole territory belongs to you. Luxurious sunsets and sunrises, tropical trees, warm waters of the Pacific Ocean… A romance that you will remember with delight when looking at wedding photos.
- The Manila Ocean Park Aquarium is an entertainment complex in the capital of the Philippines by a Chinese company in 2008. It contains an incredible variety of species that live in the warm seas of the Asia-Pacific region, as well as representatives of marine fauna and flora from other parts of the world, up to the harsh Arctic regions. On a vast territory of 8 thousand square meters (by the way, surpassing even the area of the famous “Underwater World of Sentosa” in Singapore) there are hundreds of fish, mammals, reptiles and birds. Do you want incredible photos? Then it’s for you!
What Gear should a Photographer bring?
When it comes to choosing a photographer for your wedding, there are a few things you should take into consideration. Here are some tips on what gear to bring:
– Camera: Start by deciding what type of camera you want to use. A DSLR will give you the most versatility, but a point and shoot may be more convenient if you’re just starting out. Make sure the camera has a large memory card so you can keep plenty of photos handy.
– Lenses: You’ll also need lenses to capture your memories. A wide-angle lens will give you a wider perspective, while a longer lens will allow you to get up close and personal with your wedding guests. Consider what types of photos you want to capture and choose lenses accordingly.
– Tripod: A sturdy tripod is essential for stable shots. Make sure it’s tall enough so that the camera doesn’t touch the ground, and make sure the feet have rubber tips so they don’t leave marks on flooring. If possible, try to find one that folds up for easy storage.
After the photoshoot he should edit the images using software such as adobe.com, photoshop, or picasa.
How to choose wedding photographers in Manila?
First, decide what kind of photo shoot you want. If the photographer works with urban landscapes, you hardly should contact him or her for romantic photos in nature. Each specialist has his own line of work.
It is important that the photographer has a good knowledge of the city, the weather, especially the season. Then he will be able to advise you on the right time for filming and clothing. If the photographer is not local, make sure he/she has lived in the Philippines for at least a few years.
And, of course, it is important that the specialist speaks your language. How else can you understand each other?
Choose your ideal specialist and order wedding photography in Manila on MyWed!
Choosing the right photographer for your wedding in Manila can be a daunting task. There are so many talented photographers out there, and it can be hard to know which one is best suited for your event. To help you make this decision, we’ve put together a list of factors that you should consider when choosing a photographer. Whether you’re looking for an experienced professional or someone who is just starting out, our list will have something for you. So what are you waiting for? Start searching today!